Oct 12, 2017

Discussion: Spooky Reads for October


Today is a Discussion Day here at Cover2CoverBlog. I am trying to start these a little more since they seem fun :) I hope you enjoy and if you have any topic suggestions let me know in the comments.

Today's Topic


Spooky Books for October

It is OCTOBER! You know that I love this month - it is autumn and crisp out and it is Halloween, so what better to discuss than Spooky Reads?!

So here are some books I have read that I think are great picks for this month!

 Youth Category 

 So in Youth - I went with some books that are more fun than scary but have great themes for this month - monsters, Halloween, and bats. I loved these books and think your young readers/listeners will enjoy them too :)
The images will link you back to Goodreads for some more details.
Bats in the Band   Even Monsters Say Goodnight
A Halloween Scare at My House: Prepare If You Dare  The Sad, Sad Monster (Xist Childrens Books)

Middle Grade 
 For MG, I went with a variety of things - OMG...I Did it Again?! is the 2nd book in a series about a young witch and the hijinks she runs into, Stitch Head is on the creepier side but still cute, Doll Bones and The Swallow are pretty spooky ones, and Guide to the Other Side is about a brother/ sister team fighting the supernatural. There is a little bit of something for all MG readers in here - click through to Goodreads and check these ones out.
OMG… I Did It Again?!  Stitch Head (Stitch Head #1)   Doll Bones The Swallow: A Ghost Story   A Guide to the Other Side (Beyond Baylor, #1)  

Young Adult
Here I tried to go real spooky, ones that had me worrying at night while reading them... Can we talk about Danielle Vega and how her books make me almost pee myself?! Geez they are creepy. A few others include The Hallowed Ones, the beginning of a series and is very suspenseful, and I know the Diviners isn't 'horror' but it was very creepy to me when I was reading it.

The Merciless   The Hallowed Ones (The Hallowed Ones, #1) 
The Diviners (The Diviners, #1)  Survive the Night  

What books do you think people should be reading this time of year?! Let me know your picks in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment